Sunday, 19 March 2017

Craftwork Cards Deco Ladies 2 - Double the fun!

Stamping fun from me this week!

I had the pleasure of demonstrating the brand new Deco Ladies Stamp Set 2 for Craftwork Cards at Harrogate last weekend, and they proved to be a real hit with the crafty visitors to our stand. I thought I’d do an in-depth blog post to show how you can get the best out of these stamps, as there are some fabulous features in the set that you just HAVE to play with!
These stamps match beautifully with the first deco lady set from a few weeks ago but on this sheet you get TWO gorgeous ladies to embellish.
The first thing I did was to stamp each one onto white stamping card, and quickly colour her skin and hair; I used Nuvo Aqua Flow pens and a waterbrush, but any flesh tone pen will do. However…if you look at this next photo, you will see that I then paper pieced each one’s dress, that is to say, I stamped again onto patterned paper, in this case from the beautiful Decadence paper pad, cut out JUST the dress, and stuck it onto my pre-stamped lady. I then cut each one out leaving a border of 1-2mm. This allows you to match your lady with the elements from the collection.
I used two square toppers from this kit too, one of which I sliced in half and fanned out behind the other, in true Art Deco style!

You can take your paper piecing a step further by stamping and heat embossing with gold. This looked particularly effective on pale background papers, and it adds a bit of ‘je ne sais quoi’ to the lady.
You might even see my secret cut in this very close-up picture – through the gold necklace and down the neckline! But using gold means that you can give her gold gloves too – she’s certainly stylish!







You might also have noticed a few decorative features…that curtain/ fringe adorning the top of the card was such a fun discovery. I used it a few times. Just in black, but then the obligatory Stickles glitter to make it pop.

The little peacock feather too, was an exciting litle stamp. I had a play and as well as using it as an embellishment, I made myself some backgrounds with it, just by stamping in black and adding a touch of blue and brown…

This is a little side panel from the shaped stepper cards, but with the big feather toppers from the Decadence kit, and a lady painted in aqua, the result was completely different from the reds and pinks you would expect from the Decadence kit-

Again, I made a feature out of the fringe, which I stamped onto the bottom panel at random heights, then dropped a few Liquid Pearls onto, for bling!

I have to say that I was easily able to use EVERY element from this stamp set somewhere on my cards at the weekend. If you have Craftwork Cards stamps, look closely at them and all their tiny features, there is always something you can do with each and every one, be it the musical notes, deco flowers, and quirky corners…
You can find these gorgeous ladies by clicking the link to Craftwork Cards here.

Happy Crafting!
Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment