Monday, 20 March 2017

Tonic Rococo dies - New York City Scene



I'm sharing the first of my cards made for the launch of Tonic Rococo city scene and landmark dies - and this is my take on the New York collection. A colourful creation using my favourite pens, Nuvo Aqua Flows.

Firstly I splatted a postcard size piece of white card with the pens (messy fun!) then I set that to one side and made a background panel the same size, using several of the colours and blending them together on watercolour card.

Rather than cutting out the cityscape die and sticking it on, I placed it over my splatted card and die-cut it, then trimmed the bottom of my card, and stuck the top and bottom splatted pieces OVER the rainbow coloured card. You might see this better in this close-up below
This also shows the detail in the dies, which are super cool. I applied the same Aqua Flow technique to small bits of card, allowed them to dry, and then die-cut and embossed them. 

The whole front was mounted onto gorgeous Cobalt Velour satin effect Craft Perfect card, then onto my card blank.

I hope you enjoy the shows and all the inspiration from the amazing Tonic Studios design team!
Happy crafting!
Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment