Wednesday, 15 March 2017

Win and Tonic - March 2017

I am so in love with my Aqua Flow pens, I knew I would have to feature them in my Win and Tonic Blog post this month, with the theme of 'Anything Goes'. All the colour on this card is achieved through watercolouring, smooshing and a little bit of stamping and embossing.

Products used:
  • Tonic Craft Perfect Gilded silver 6x6 inch card blank
  • Nuvo Aqua Markers in Aqua Splash, Indigo Dawn, Azure Blue.
  • Mandala Moments Love & Hugs stamps
  • Versamark pad
  • silver embossing powder
  • Heat tool
  • silver card
  • 7 inch card blank
Firstly I used a piece of acetate, my colours and a water spray to lay down a base colour on my card, using a heat tool between layers to build up depth. 

I added bolder colour to my flowers and leaves, but roughly, for a distressed effect

I stamped my sentiment words with Versamark and heat embossed silver powder over them, to match the background on the card. I used the blue and the purple on each word, creating a gradient from top to bottom of my sentiment. Even though the mandala stamps are detailed, you are under no obligation to fill in the detail, they look equally beautiful in a bold colour or two.

Assembled with a swathe of purple ribbon, I love the randomness of the background colours on this card!

 I hope this card inspires you to join us over on this month's Win and Tonic Challenge on the blog. Click here to pop across for more DT inspiration and to join in with a chance of winning a fabulous prize from Tonic Studios!

Happy Crafting! 
Nicky x







No comments:

Post a Comment