Monday, 24 April 2017

It's in the (Delicate) Detail... Tonic Studios stamps

Hello and welcome to my blog post sharing the cards I made for the very recent Hochanda Launch of the Delicate Detail stamps. Consisting of four sets of three stamps, plus an extra set of four sentiments, this collection was very inspiring and lots of fun to get creative with. Here are some of the card samples I prepared for the show with a few details and handy hints for recreating them, if you would like to!

This first set of stamps, the Floral flourishes and tag, got me really excited as they were designed by the same artist who created the Craft Perfect gold and silver gilded cards that I loved, last year. My aim was to recreate the pattern by stamping and embossing in white, and using Nuvo Aqua Flow pens and a water brush to paint the colour onto the card. 

I used the tag stamp and the small flourish from the same set on this card, the colour was laid down using Nuvo Glitter markers ( I love them!) I applied them with a water brush too, to thin them out a little for a delicate sparkly effect.

One more play with the same stamps, again, water colouring with Nuvo Aqua Flows. I made a soft background of pale green first, and flicked paint over the background card for a little bit of interest. Once dried, i gave it a wipe with an anti-static bag and stamped the smaller flourish twice, enbossing in white. i stamed the large floutish onto separate card and then painted them all up, choosing Red Apple as my key colour. a little bit of stamping onto a tag, and a pretty twine bow, and this simple card was finished.

If you haven't yet got these gorgeous stamps, take a close look on the Tonic website, or look out for the usual online retailers who will be stocking them very soon! They are excellent value and really easy to use - I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with! 

Happy crafting!
Nicky x









No comments:

Post a Comment