Thursday, 3 August 2017

Pretty Flamingos by Fuzzy Lemon

Inspiration today from my own trousers... I really should have taken a photo but I love my flamingo print pants and when I saw this amazing die by Fuzzy Lemon I knew I had to have it!
So here are a couple of cards made with the one die available from CraftStash.


On this card, the flamingos are die-cut in white card and I have simply turned one over and run it back through the machine between two sheets of paper. This flattens the die-cut edges and it no longer looks like the 'reverse' of the die-cut. I painted both flamingos with pink, red and black Nuvo Aqua Flow pens, applied with a waterbrush, and I simply blended the colours, slightly roughly, to get different shades of pink on my flamingo pair. 

The stamping has been done with a Nuvo clear mark pad and Glacier White embossing powder on black card, a simple heart cut out to mount the flamingos on. Pink and white sequins were a must to finish the card!
For this card I die-cut each flamingo's body twice, curling the wings for extra dimension. Everything was glittery, from the water to the grassy bits, very handy elements from a recent Die-Cutting Essentials set of dies, called Freshwater Friends. 
I stamped the greeting onto heat-resistant acetate and wrapped it round a bit of glittery card, the only way to get this kind of effect as it is impossible to emboss onto glitter. I liked this way, it's a bit different, so I must remember to do this again! 
To get your hands on this gorgeous die by Fuzzy Lemon, and many more like it, go to the Fuzzy Lemon section on the CraftStash website, it couldn't be easier! 

Happy Crafting!
Nicky xx








No comments:

Post a Comment